Imagesound

Show search

Summer Music - There's More To It Than Jazzy Jeff

Thursday 24 July 2014

0

We’re experiencing something of a heat wave at the moment here in the UK with blistering temperatures and wall-to-wall sunshine, it looks set to carry on for at least another month. This post isn’t me going on about how wonderful the English weather is right now, there’s a point I’m getting to here so bear with me.

I’m sat on the train on my way back from another busy trip to London, listening to the self-titled Friendly Fires album from 2008, now I didn’t just chose the music because it’s one of my all time favorite albums I picked it because I wanted something to suit the mood, see I told you there was a point.

If you’ve got this album you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. This album, for me, has track after track of summer anthems from ‘Jump In The Pool’ to ‘Kiss Of Life’ it’s my go-to sunshine record. We all have them when the sun shines and we’re in the car, Ray Bans on, windows down, music up.

Now consider this, as a retailer are you reacting to the mood of your customer with your music profile? I’m not saying you have to play *cliché alert*, Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince on repeat,  but being clever about what you play and when can really make a difference to your store ambience. Here at Imagesound we have dedicated summer profiles we can add to your core library bringing a flavor of summer to your store, especially useful for extending dwell time for those summer holiday shoppers.

This is also a major consideration when it comes to messaging, we can offer weather dependent advertising that can be grouped by locations or regions to make sure you hit the right people at the right time in the right frame of mind to buy.

As we pull into the station I already know what I’m putting on in the car as I head to the office... Tensnake! 

What are your go-to summer records? We’d love to hear from you @imagesound.





Thursday 24 July 2014

Got a question? Get in touch.

Do you have a great idea or a problem that you need help solving? We’d love to chat about your business.

Call us on +44 (0) 800 090 2215

Alternatively please email us.